Tiendeveen is a village in the municipality of Hoogeveen, province of Drenthe (Netherlands) on the Linthorst-Homankanaal, northeast of Hoogeveen. In 1926, Linthorst Homankanaal was dug to get a connection with the Extended Hoogeveenschevaart at Noordscheschut. After the dyeing, many forests have emerged from which remains can be found. Of these, the Kremboong forest is a well-known example.
Tiendeveen is mainly surrounded by meadows and other smaller villages and neighborhoods such as The Haar, Siberia, The North, Black Sheep and Stuifzand. The surrounding area of meadows is alternated with small pieces of forest and several smaller waters such as the Vlotwijk, Zwierswijk, Singel Kattenburg and 8th district.
Tiendeveen counts about 750 people, most of whom live in the village. These inhabitants usually have a job at a Hoogeveen business or study here. Partly because of this, Tiendeveen has become a village of Hoogeveen. In addition to a white and brown shop and two riding shops, Tiendeveen is appointed at the stores in Hoogeveen, Noordscheschut and Hollandscheveld, which can be reached in ten minutes.
Tiendeveen thanks his name to an appointment that could be dug for a tenth. Around 1830, Tiendeveen consisted of three cattle fields ('De Drie Veenen'), which were demolished: the Wijstersche, the Spieringer and the Tiberian Dwarves. In 1849 a group of four participants bought 700 hectares of farmland in the southern tip of the municipality of Beilen to dye them. One of these participants, Jan Coenraad Rahder, got sole rights in this territory after a mutual conflict. He founded a school for the children of his laborers in 1863. After the peat was digged, Tiendeveen became a farming village. Later there were also workers who worked in Hoogeveen factories.