Accommodations in Blesdijke

Blesdijke is a village in the municipality of Weststellingwerf with about 500 inhabitants. In 1361, the bishop Jan van Arkel executed a punishment expedition twice in the Stellingswerven when farmers did not want to pay the imposed estimates. On the second trip Blesdijke is burned.

In 1328 Blesdijke already had a church, which would be collapsed in 1836. The church of now was built in 1843. To the north of the village is an American windmill, built in 2005, and Gregorius Halman has been building at the Old Stoutenburght castle since 1990. It is his life work that can grow up to 27 meters, named after Toutenburgh, the medieval castle kazer in the Land of Vollenhove around 1500, with only a small ruin left. The castle is built of ancient building materials such as bricks. Halman is inspired by the Romanesque architecture. Various times the media have paid attention to Halman's project and the castle can be viewed by appointment.

Furthermore, on the Nijksweg is the monument'It Petgat 'in memory of the Jewish It Petgat in the Nijkspolder. The camp was used during the Second World War as a punishment camp for Jews from other camps such as Twilhaar in Hellendoorn, De Landweer in Elsloo and Molengoot in Hardenberg. In the night of 2 October 3, 1942 these camps were evacuated. There are two national monuments in Blesdijke: the Oldehof (a farm) and the Lindesas (watercourse and doorway).

 

               

 

Copyright 1993 - 2018 | Centrum voor Groepsaccommodaties

Reservation system by Booking Experts