Accommodations in Sint hubert

Sint Hubert is a village belonging to the municipality of Mill and Sint Hubert, belonging to the land of Cuijk. The place is named after Hubertus of Liège and has about 1500 inhabitants.

An abbey was established in this place during the Franconian era. Sint Hubert always belonged to the parish mill. In 1459, for the first time, there was a chapel served by the patrons of the Norbertijner abbey of Mariënweerd in Beesd. They delivered the chapel's rector. In 1648 the church was born but since no protesters lived in Sint Hubert, the church was used as a storage place for peat and small tools. Until 1673, the exercise of the Catholic worship was completely forbidden, after which they could use a barn church. In 1796, the Catholics returned to their church and became a independent parish of Saint Hubert, but until 1818 the Norbertines still delivered the pastor. This Roman Catholic Church of Saint Hubertus and Barbara is one of the four national monuments in Saint Hubert. The other national monuments include the Heidemolen, the Krukhuis farm and a detached barn belonging to this farm.

Sint Hubert is located near the valley of the Low Raam, a former Maas valley and now a relatively low-lying pants area, which continues along the eastern edge of the Peel for many miles. A lot of iron turf was found in this pants area. To the west you will find a peel out of the Peel area, which includes the Molenheide nature reserve. For the rest there is a lot of agricultural land in the vicinity of Sint Hubert.

 

               

 

Copyright 1993 - 2018 | Centrum voor Groepsaccommodaties

Reservation system by Booking Experts