Maarsbergen is a place in the municipality of Utrechtse Heuvelrug. The name Maarsbergen originates from Meerseberch or Meersbargen which means marshland at the mountain. Maarsbergen is located in the border area of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug and the Gelderse Valley. The Utrechtse Heuvelrug is now a national park. Until 2006, Maarsbergen heard at the municipality Maarn. The neighborhood of Valkenheide is considered to be Maarsbergen.
Maarsbergen was formerly largely owned by the knight estate Berne bij Heusden. Knight Fulco donated his possessions to the church in 1134. Monasteries of the Abbey of Berne perform this agricultural work in the area. After the Reformation, the conventions were sold by the States of Holland in 1656 to an Amsterdam businessman. This building built the Maarsbergen castle at some distance from the expired prose dairy, which held its family until 1764. In 1804 the castle was bought by Mr. du Bois. His daughter sold it to the family Godin de Beaufort in 1882, which still holds it until today. The family south of the house on the Foldocus hill opens a tomb hill.
The construction of the Utrecht - Arnhem railway in 1844 caused Maarsbergen to come out of isolation, especially after a station came. Through this station, and the construction of a school, in 1864 (the first in the municipality Maarn) and the church, there was in fact a new village in the present place. The old 'Meersbergse buurt' was originally located at Maarsbergen Castle. The Reformed Church (nowadays Protestant Church in the Netherlands) of Maarsbergen was taken into use in 1884. She owes her existence to Mr. A. du Bois (owner of Maarsbergen Castle) who, after his death, left about 30,000 guilders for their construction.